[Proj] Google Earth Accuracy

Noel Zinn ndzinn at comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 10:48:52 EST 2008

Ethan makes a valid point from my perspective working in a risk adverse
industry (petroleum).  Google Earth comes without an audit trail and "should
certainly" is inadequate assurance without that audit trail for anything
more than rough reconnaissance.  (Different industries or applications do
have different standards.)  Furthermore, imagery changes over time.  What
ties well in Denmark or in The Netherlands or in Irwin's studies or at the
mailbox in front of my house today may not tomorrow.  How will we know?
-Noel Zinn

  _____