[Proj] Some typos in the libproj4 manual

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 16:55:51 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 01 October 2008 3:55:15 pm OvV_HN wrote:
> [...]

I will put the current version on my site by this weekend.  Some corrections
may have escaped due to my occasional  sloth.  My apologies in advance.

> If the math will be perfected, then the manual will become a valuable
> reference for cartographic projections in general.
>
> Another suggestion: give a numerical example with at least 5 decimals plus
> the exact command line code for each and every function.

What do you mean by "every function."  In term of precision of functions that
depends upon what the function is returning.

What would be nice is for certified sample computations for all known grid
systems.  Now that would be a *great* contribution.

In terms of forward projection precision, many sources only publish to the
centimeter and I think someone on the list claimed that 100nm was sufficient
for some applications.  Anyway ... .

On occasion, I think some get a little carried away with precision.  ;-)