[Proj] Some need for updated proj-4 manuals

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 12:47:37 EDT 2008

On Sunday 14 September 2008 11:31:16 am Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "What do PROJ4's +a, +lon_0, and +k terms mean? Which convention are
> > the 7-term towgs84 terms given in?" would be valid subjects of PROJ4
> > documentation.
>
> It could go into PROJ4 trac which is also a Wiki:
>
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/GenParms
>
> Markus

A reminder here: I only speak for libproj4.  Proj[4] was originally my name
for the projection system prior to its adoption into software like cs2cs and
other material associated with maptools.

The libproj4 distribution from my site contains an application program called
lproj ("l" for limited because the Tchebychev approximation code had been
removed from proj).  lproj runs almost identically with my older proj[4] and
neither product had/have anything related to datum control/conversions and
some other manipulations unrelated to projections.