[Proj] A bit slow mail server....

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Fri Sep 26 01:20:02 EDT 2008

About bulk deletion...

I have an old e-mail address, where I haven't been able to visit so
often and where the mass deletion of mail is difficult. At the moment
I have 28811 unread e-mails, almost 30 000. And the mail provider
is giving me an option to delete one page at a time, which is
30 e-mails at a time and I can tell you that the delete operation
it is so slow.

They are expecting me to delete 1000 pages. If each pages takes
at least 20 s to delete, due to the slow server, I would be deleting
those letters 1000 x 20 = 20 000 seconds. That is same as
20 000 / 3 600 = 5.5 hours sitting and deleting. Needless to say
that I have abandonded that mail provider and address since
long time ago. I just let it blow it's self up. (Other 30 000 e-mails
to go...)

All they needed is a button that deletes everything and I could start
using that address again. Why they don't bother to test their
own creations?

Regards. Janne J.