[Proj] Wikipedia ECEF entry

Jay Hollingsworth jhollingsworth at houston.oilfield.slb.com
Tue Feb 3 15:32:48 EST 2009

As long as people are asking about the term ECEF, I would like to fix
the definition of ECEF on the Wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECEF

but first I want to make sure I'm not wrong. Since every high-school
student in the world relies on Wikipedia, it would be good for it to
be close to right.

The definition says "The z-axis is defined as being parallel to the
earth rotational axes, pointing towards north". Isn't it actually
coincident with the rotational axis, rather than being parallel?

I just created a discussion page under the definition so the world at
large could comment.

Jay Hollingsworth

Seabed Portfolio Manager and
Principal Data Architect