[Proj] Method of reference to license within software code modules

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 6 03:41:41 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:22 AM, Gerald I. Evenden
<geraldi.evenden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any other comments, please.

In the GRASS project (GPL) we use the following:
Example (ficticious header for a file called color.c) :

/****************************************************************************
 *
 * MODULE:       d.rast
 * AUTHOR(S):    CERL
 *               John Doe - jdoe at some.where.org
 * PURPOSE:      To provide storage and manipulation of colors used for
 *               rendering the raster. The colors are stored in a doubly linked
 *               list which must be initialized with InitColors() before it can
 *               be used. Note that most linked list functionality (add,
 *               remove, get) is supported, but their is no sorting
 *               functionality.
 * COPYRIGHT:    (C) 2008 by the GRASS Development Team
 *
 *               This program is free software under the GNU General Public
 *               License (>=v2). Read the file COPYING that comes with GRASS
 *               for details.
 *

That's rather short and acceptable. Additionally, the COPYING file from
the GPL is included in the tarball.

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler
Fondazione Mach  -  Centre for Alpine Ecology