[Proj] Method of reference to license within software code modules

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:06:52 EST 2009

An aside on this issue.

As I noted earlier I had to replace my modem/router last Saturday.  Yesterday
I read a small notice that fell out of the box that the modem came in.  It
was a notice that some of the software contained in the modem was covered by
the GPL and LGPL license and that the user could view same at WWW.xxx.

My thoughts were that GPL didn't seem to impede this manufacturer.

Also, it was the first time I had seen such a notice.