[Proj] Finally: geodesic-1.0 is available

strebe strebe at aol.com
Thu Jan 8 18:56:22 EST 2009

On Jan 8, 2009, at 3:11:02 PM, "Gerald I. Evenden" <geraldi.evenden at gmail.com> wrote:
My first problem is that unlike projections where I can imagine someone
processing untold millions of points in a data-in->data-out, I could not
image that usage in the case of geodesic information other than the two
interpolation operations I included. Secondly, the format of result of
massive processing is difficult for me to predict.
Note that ellipsoidal forms of  oblique azimuthal equidistant, as well as a Cassini-Soldner projections and others, require computation of geodesics. What goes for projections, goes for geodesics, since the latter is likely to be deployed in the former.

Regards,
— daan Strebe