[Proj] Ellipsoid data sources

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Tue Jan 13 05:57:58 EST 2009

Prof. Mugnier, did you find your copy of the Strasser book, and if so,
could you provide some sort of copy for me? I am struggling with the
late 18th/early 19th century topographical maps of the Netherlands,
Belgium, Western Germany and Northern France, especially the Tranchot,
Ferraris and Cassini maps, plus the earliest national topographical maps
of the 19th century. I'm trying to make some sort of "Google History"
mapping application, based on 1:50000 and larger-scaled maps, and I need
as much information on their parameters as I can get. Strassers book is
not available in any library in the Netherlands at all.

Thanks,

Jan Hartmann

Dr. J. Hartmann
Department of Geography