[Proj] The trouble with grid datum correction files

strebe strebe at aol.com
Sat Jul 4 21:11:38 EST 2009

I advise revising that expectation. There is no such standard or convention in the broader context of computer science. Indeed, the Shapefile specification, for an example directly relevant to this list, even mixes big- and little endian byte sex within the format. Graphic image formats such as TIFF allow the TIFF writer to specify which endian. Many other binary formats are exclusively little endian because of their development and propagation on the i86 platform.

Regards,
— daan Strebe