[Proj] Need help converting Goode to latlon

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Thu Jul 23 14:49:34 EST 2009

>>> On 7/23/2009 at 11:18 AM, "Gerald I. Evenden" <geraldi.evenden at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Thursday 23 July 2009 1:12:02 pm David Turover wrote:

>> I forgot to mention that I have been adding "+inv" to the proj arguments
>> programmatically. When I get into work I will make sure this is working
>> and I will also try leaving it off to see if that makes a difference.
>> Let's watch this be the source of the problem since it is something that
>> I should have mentioned two days ago.
>
> I have no idea what "+inv" is so I assume it is part of Warmerdam's version.
>
> Early proj and lproj use -I runline option to designate inverse projection.

As far as I can tell +inv is not a valid argument.  It just gets passed to the projection initialization
routine which then ignores it.  The -I flag is still the correct way to tell "proj" program to do an inverse
projection.

Programmatically, you must use pj_inv to do an inverse projection (or use pj_transform).

--

Eric G. Miller
Staff Programmer