[Proj] Proj cannot been found by postgis

David Turover dturover at student.santarosa.edu
Thu Jul 30 19:02:09 EST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:19:40AM +0300, Pena Kupen wrote:
> I have problem when try to install postGIS from distro repo. I think my problem is installation of proj from source?

yum might be looking for proj in its own database of installed rpms, in
which case it would not find anything that was compiled manually.
The easy solution, if possible, is to get an official rpm of proj from
your distro.

But it looks like you already know this (and Google is fast):
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/redhat-fedora-linux-help/150648-solved-centos-yum-dependency-problem-postgis.html

 - David T.