[Proj] NTv2 info

Gerald I. Evenden geraldi.evenden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:07:51 EST 2009

On Tuesday 02 June 2009 3:50:33 pm Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I would add that there is NTv2 reading and utilization code in the PROJ.4
> code.  Search on "ntv2" in files like pj_gridinfo.c.
>
> Byte swapping and axis orientation are really not a big issue as long as
> they are unambiguous.
>
> Best regards,

How do you think I got involved with NTv2?

I never heard of NTv2 before because I have not been involved with datum
stuff.

The bizarre material in pj_gridinfo.c meant that I had to research it out and
try to get the whole story.  Or, at least, a bit more.

On a previous email I meant *binary* data transfer between different CPU's is
a problem.

Some other material surfaced that shows that the NTv2 material much more
whacky than just the positive west longitude.  It has to be the product of
the McKenzie brother's R&D company.