[Proj] Official source for some NTv2 files?

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Fri Sep 11 01:50:01 EST 2009

Many thanks to Jérôme, Melita, and Norm.

Melita wrote:
> It looks like the Spanish files (there's one for the Balearic Islands too) are here:
> http://www.fomento.es/mfom/lang_castellano/direcciones_generales/organos_colegiados/csg/etrs89/default.htm

An excellent find. I will just add that these files seem to be newer
than the SPED2ET.gsb file that Norm mentioned.

The Spanish title for the files means

    "GRID_SHIFT_FILE V2009: Grid Datum to shift
     between ED50 and ETRS89 in NTv2 format --- 317 KB"

(Google Translate plus some word shuffling by me),
and the files have the date 3 March, 2009.
They also have new names,
    R2009V9.gsb
and
    BALR2009.gsb

There is some documentation in Spanish under the heading
    "Real Decreto 1071/2007..."
(Google Translate says "Royal Decree 1071/2007 of 27 July,
 regulating the official geodetic reference system in Spain").

Thanks again,
--
Mikael Rittri
Carmenta AB