[Proj] PROJ 4.7.0 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 29 22:44:39 EST 2009

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> 2009/9/29 Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>:
>
>> I plan to put out an OSGeo4W update based on this shortly.  I would encourage
>> other platform packages to incorporate this release as practical.  As always
>> feedback is welcome, and bug reports can be filed at:
>>
>>   http://proj.osgeo.org/
>>

> Frank,
>
> Good work indeed, thanks for the release. I would apply for a small
> change in nmake.opt in order to have my automated builds running
> smoothly. http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ticket/54
> This would also be required if we were about to extend the buildbot
> (http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8502/waterfall) with further windows
> buildslaves.

Tamas,

Applied.

> I'm a bit confused about the datumgrid files can be downoaded at:
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-datumgrid-1.5.zip
> It seems some of those files have already been versioned in SVN (which
> are the newer ones). Wouldn't it be reasonable to have all those files
> in the SVN repository?

I'm not convinced that grid shift files belong in the source tree. Some
of the ones that are there were carried over from the 90's and others
were added by folks other than me.

Today I was considering having grid shift files in a directory in
subversion that is parallel to the source tree, and in fact I just
moved the old postscript files out parallel to the source code
(http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/proj/trunk/docs).

However, since the files are not generally revised, are large,
binary and not "owned" by PROJ.4 I'm not convinced they belong in
subversion at all.