[Proj] cs2cs's +towgs84 usage

Ilumas muginaa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 07:52:16 EST 2010

Sure,

but that's not the point. The original question was if the values need to be
negated when going FROM wgs84 TO something else. If that was correct, one
should do the round trip as follows:

1.  cs2cs +proj=utm +zone=a +datum=wgs84  +to +proj=utm +zone=a
+datum=datum2 +towgs84 dx,dy,dz
input: x1,y2
output: x2,y2
2.  +proj=utm +zone=a +datum=datum2 *+towgs84 (-1)dx,(-1)dy,(-1)dz* +to
+proj=utm +zone=a +datum=wgs84
input: x2,y2
output:x1,y1

Or am I completely lost here?