[Proj] quoting +nadgrids ?

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Aug 1 12:30:10 EST 2010

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> In fact GDAL uses pj_init_plus() which takes the whole string rather
> than a set of pre-separated options.  So PROJ.4 already does have
> a natural place to put the parsing rules for applications that use it.
>
> Earlier I suggested this issue wasn't really a PROJ.4 issue, but now
> that I think about pj_init_plus() it clearly is a PROJ.4 issue.  Based
> on that it seems to come down to how to do the escaping for interpretation
> by pj_init_plus().

Hi Frank,
I have no specific comments on how the escaping it should be done, just
that it would be great if pj_get_def() can add escaping using whatever
method is decided, as well as pj_init_plus() interpreting it. That is, it
should be possible for an application to generate a PROJ string with
pj_get_def() and pass it to another application unmodified, which then
processes it using pj_init_plus(), and all the escaping would pass through
intact.

Paul