[Proj] Optimal Albers Standard parallels

strebe strebe at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 20:12:47 EST 2010

[Resending minus tables, since they exceeded the 40K limit for posting.]

On Feb 16, 2010, at 3:01:04 AM, "Jan Hartmann" <j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl> wrote:
Do you have a programmatic version of the algorithm? It's something that would be really useful for a global map provider. I am working with the Royal Tropical Institute here in Amsterdam (www.kit.nl), on an index for their 10.000s of historical maps from all over the globe. In the long run we would like to offer  some thematic functionality, with an optimal projection
I have no program code (that I can find or recall), though I found the Maple V worksheet I constructed at the time, and from which I made the corrections noted below. I also found tables I calculated giving optimal standard parallels for pairs of bounding parallels.