[Proj] NAD conversion test points?

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Tue Mar 9 17:50:02 EST 2010

William,

Your confusion might be cleared up by knowing that the "proj" program does not perform any datum conversion.  If your ellipsoid/datum is different between inputs and outputs you should use the "cs2cs" program.  Additionally, with "cs2cs" there is a "nadgrids" argument to specify a specific correction grid.

Furthermore, I assume your nadgrids files were processed with nad2bin on an OSX machine of the same kind (32 or 64 bit).  This is important because cs2cs depends on machine specific binary files.  Probably you'd get a segment violation if that wasn't the case.  It'd be nice if someone wanted to convert it to use the "new" las/los files from the NGS.  But, until then...
--

Eric G. Miller
Staff Programmer