[Proj] 4.7.1 bug report

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Sun Oct 3 12:46:03 EST 2010

Frank,

I am using VC++ 6.0 and higher. I compile everything from
sources. Usually when I have had similar problems where
debug version works and release version not it is due to
the fact that debug version clears all memory before using
it but the release version does not bother. What happens is
that there is some variable that is not probably initialized in
the code. The release version has some garbage in that
variable but the debug version has clean zeros in it (since
it does clear the unused memory). And that is the reason the
debug version works.

Maybe there is some routine that assumes that some variable is
initialized but it actually is not ... this can be on my side or
proj side? But since 4.6.0 works all the way (both versions)...
I am assuming it must be in 4.7.1? Or I am using the
4.7.1 somehow wrong?

Regards: Janne.