[Proj] NAD 27 v 83 Distances

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Sun Oct 3 12:59:20 EST 2010

Hello,

1) first of all do you need the length of the ellipsoid arc or the length of the straight line?
- arc is always longer than the straight line between two points

2) if you are using the arc, do you adjust for the height difference of the two places?

3) or maybe you use the length of the arc between the points projected on the reference
ellipsoids? or yet the straight line?

etc. etc.

Janne.