[Proj] How to convert a sphere to ellipsoid with correct datum?

OvV_HN ovv at hetnet.nl
Tue Sep 7 12:35:37 EST 2010

In the mean time I've found a contemporary reference about the modified
Flamsteed projection.

Traité de topographique, d'arpentage et de nivellement, L. Puissant, 2ème
edition, Paris, 1820.
Chapitre III: Théorie analytique de la projection modifiée de Flamsteed, pp.
114 f.f.

It's on google books.

This chapter gives a mathematical description of said projection. It's
probably worth checking this projection against the (current interpretation
of the) Bonne projection you used.

Oscar van Vlijmen