[Proj] How to convert a sphere to ellipsoid with correct datum?

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Tue Sep 7 13:13:36 EST 2010

This has been an interesting thread.  Consider taking a look at:

G. Timár, and C.J. Mugnier, GIS Integration of the 1:75,000 Romanian Topographic Map Series from the World War I, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 11, EGU2009-1-3, 2009.

If you look up more of Dr. Timár's publications, you will find a number of helpful insights in georeferencing ancient maps of Europe.

Cliff

Clifford J. Mugnier, C.P., C.M.S.
Chief of Geodesy,
Center for GeoInformatics
Department of Civil Engineering
Patrick F. Taylor Hall 3223A
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Baton Rouge, LA  70803
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-8536 [Academic]
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-4578 [Research]
Cell: (225) 238-8975 [Academic & Research]
Honorary Life Member of the
Louisiana Society of Professional Surveyors
Fellow Emeritus of the ASPRS
Member of the Americas Petroleum Survey Group