[Proj] Releasing 4.8.0 ?

Emmanuel Séguin emmanuel.seguin at ign.fr
Fri Aug 5 08:42:30 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

Experiencing thread-safety issues while using Proj4 4.7.0 in our own WMS
software, we (IGNF) have done a test with the trunk version of Proj4 =>
New Proj4 API thread-safe functions solved our problems. As we're
generally happy about the tests done using this trunk version, we were
thinking about releasing our software with a new version of Proj4. This
leads us to the subject of this message :

How far is the trunk version of Proj4 from the 4.8.0 release ? And how
can this milestone be reached ?

The 4.8.0 milestone indicator
(http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/milestone/4.8.0) shows only two active
tickets yet to be solved.
However, there's a more substantial list of 46 active bug tickets
waiting to be solved (http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/report/1).

Do you think all the active bug tickets need to be fixed before
releasing 4.8.0 ?

Which one of them do you think must be absolutely fixed in the 4.8.0
release ?

Thanx for you opinions,

Best regards,

Manu