[Proj] Releasing 4.8.0 ?

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Sun Aug 7 08:28:37 EST 2011

Hello,

Before thread safe measures in library could somebody check
and test the performance of all versions since we do not want
to have any back steps in speed. (And maybe put a switch to
remove such measures if they are not required if they really do
add some overhead?)

My suggestion would be that if somebody needs thread safety
he adds some locking mechanism above Proj.4 so that the threads
do not mess up (write) the data and reading only by many threads
is not a problem? What exactly are the changes made in Proj.4
from 4.6 to 4.7?

Regards: Janne.