[Proj] New proposal of JNI bindings for Proj.4

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 25 17:08:44 EST 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Martin Desruisseaux
<martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr> wrote:
> Do peoples agree to commit those new JNI bindings (without GeoAPI
> dependency) straight into the Proj.4 SVN code base, together with the
> existing bindings? There will be no change in the existing configuration
> that enable/disable compilation of JNI bindings.

Martin,

I have no objection to your committing the new bindings,
assuming there is no hue and cry from folks using the old
bindings.  I assume they are not widely used currently.

It is a pity that compatibility with the existing bindings
could not be easily preserved, but I can live with this.

> What do we do with existing bindings?

I think it does not make sense to have two Java
bindings.  I am ok with removing the existing ones
in favor of your changes ones.

Please ensure the Java changes are prominently noted in the
ChangeLog file.   I will try to note it in the release announcement.