[Proj] Projection advice

Noel Zinn (cc) ndzinn at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 07:41:23 EST 2011

Roger,

Presumably you want a conformal projection so that the scale distortion is
uniform in all directions.  Does the INS fiddling in Northings/Easting
account for scale distortion (point scale factor) at all, or does it presume
there is no scale distortion?  If the latter, then the larger the area your
generic projection covers, the greater the scale distortion your INS
fiddling will ignore.  That may not be a good change from your current,
local-projection procedure.

Noel

Noel Zinn, Principal, Hydrometronics LLC
+1-832-539-1472 (office), +1-281-221-0051 (cell)
noel.zinn at hydrometronics.com (email)
http://www.hydrometronics.com (website)