[Proj] large difference while projecting utm to utm back and forth

Christoph Dohmen ChDohmen at gmx.de
Thu Feb 17 02:21:33 EST 2011

Dear list,

first of all I am happy that I did not do anything wrong :-)
And as I mentioned in the first mail, I know, that utm is not
the best way to transform coordinates in that way.
But I am working on a map scale of 1:50000 and have to use
utm coordinates. Those are the rules :-(

I am using proj for while and I do not want to miss it anyway.
But I'm not sure how to proceed. From my point of view there
could be a chance to extend proj with some "wide field tmerc
implementations". And afterwards it would be possible to do
the transformation in the very northern area with a higher
accuracy.
Can anyone tell me how this work will be done? May I help in
anyway?

thanks

Christoph

P.S. There seems to be a problem with the gmx-mailservice which
is rejected by lists.maptools.org.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------