Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 24 13:16:48 EST 2011

On 11-02-24 12:47 PM, Mustafa646 wrote:
> I have a shapefile with native projection "SWEREF99_TM" EPSG:2006 and i have
> converted its projection to EPSG:4326 by ogr2ogr. The conversion was
> successful, but when i compare the original shapefile with newly generated
> file, there was a difference in width, the new file streatches in width.
> Then i bublish this shapefile on Geoserver and tried to display it over
> google map (by writing some code using Openlayers API). But the Layer could
> not display. The important point to note is my code works with other files
> published on Geoserver.
> I dont know where is exact problem, Can anybody help, where is problem ?


EPSG:2006 is St. Lucia 1955 / British West Indies Grid.

+proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=-62 +k=0.9995000000000001 +x_0=400000
     +y_0=0 +ellps=clrk80 +towgs84=-149,128,296,0,0,0,0 +units=m +no_defs

SWEREF99_TM appears to be EPSG:3006 which can translate effectively as
UTM 33.

    +proj=utm +zone=33 +ellps=GRS80 +towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0 +units=m +no_defs

I think you just messed up your numbers.

When writing to the PROJ.4 list it is also helpful to address your
question in terms of PROJ.4 not the many other software packages you
have mentioned.

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for Rent

More information about the Proj mailing list