[Proj] Proj Digest, Vol 80, Issue 5

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Wed Jan 12 18:51:59 EST 2011

Does it work correctly if you use the same input and output datum?  That is, just have cs2cs run through one or two projections without a datum shift.

For instance:

C:\proj\bin> cs2cs +proj=latlong +datum=NAD83 +to +proj=utm +zone=10 +datum=NAD83 -r
45d15'33.1 111.5W
1402197.69      5076490.88 0.00
^C

If that works, then I still suspect a problem with the grid files.  It could be something as silly as copying the files over FTP in ASCII mode...