[Proj] proj=undef ??

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Mon Jun 27 10:01:57 EST 2011

Frank,

mayby there are 2 possibilities to give these pseudo
projections. Either:

proj=undef
units=degr

or directly:

proj=degr

----------

proj=undef
units=rad

or directly:

proj=rad

I am not sure what would be the exact difference? What
does the "units=...." statement exactly do?

Regarding to datum shifts this should not affect them
at all... they should continue to work as they always
have... the projection in this case is just very simple..
it does nothing at all just transfers the input to output
[the data is already earth angular forward or inverse].

BTW: I have somewhere seen

proj=wgs84

is that a legal proj.4 projection? and what does it
mean?

Janne.