[Proj] wgs84 northings and eastings

Noel Zinn (cc) ndzinn at comcast.net
Tue May 24 09:32:14 EST 2011

Not a surprise that your requestor has no sample data.  For northings and
eastings you do need to define a projection.  However, without a projection
you can provide WGS84 geocentric X, Y & Z, also know as ECEF, within which
all the points are related by trigonometry in 3D with none of the scale
distortion that eastings and northings are heir to.  Sell your requestor
that.  An extra dimension gratis!  -Noel

Noel Zinn, Principal, Hydrometronics LLC
+1-832-539-1472 (office), +1-281-221-0051 (cell)
noel.zinn at hydrometronics.com (email)
http://www.hydrometronics.com (website)