[Proj] EPSG 7.9 Upgrade in Trunk

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Mon Oct 3 16:21:32 EST 2011

Frank,

I hate geotiff since it does not carry the full information inside the
tiff file but can make an outside reference which nobody knows
where it leads. One should not allow any external references
except those that were once available when the geotiff was
created since all current and old programs can not handle new
external references since they do not carry the fresh database
with them. New definitions should carry all the data inside the
geotiff file but does geotiff even allow you to have any free datum
or similar?

The whole geotiff should be rewritten so that it would be more
stable and able to handle all current and future references
without any updates to the standard or databases. Preferably
a standard that would not need any external databases (which
BTW: the proj.4 definition almost is [if you count out those few
ellipses and datum names]).

Regards: Janne.