[Proj] Projection from proj call

Sebastian Schubert schubert.seb at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:35:14 EST 2011

Hi,

I need to transform a wgs84 latlon to a latlon with the same properties
except a moved pole (rotated system). Searching, I found the follwing

invproj -f "%f" -m 57.2957795130823 +proj=ob_tran +o_proj=latlon
+o_lon_p=-166.6 +o_lat_p=37.483 +lon_0=180

which gives the correct result for the new pole coordinates
+o_lon_p=-166.6 and +o_lat_p=37.483 .

Now I want to use qgis to rotate a map. However, I don't know how to
specify a custom coordinate system correctly. I want to have exactly the
same effect as above with the call of invproj when transforming a wgs84
latlon. I tried to use some combination of the call above, but I always
got the message that this is not a valid proj4 projection.

Thank you for any help!
Sebastian