[Proj] general question about upgrading PROJ.4

Garret Duffy garret.duffy at nuigalway.ie
Thu Oct 13 04:43:08 EST 2011

Hi,

I have installed PROJ.4 version 4.7.0-9.1 using OpenSUSE YaST2 with the
Geo/SLE_11 Repository.

Everything installs fine and according to YaST2, the correct version has
just been installed.

However, when I run /usr/bin/proj, I get the message that version 4.5 is
still installed even though the new version is supposed to be installed to
that location.  I have the same issue with GDAL, I upgraded it but when I
run gdalinfo --version, it states the old version is still installed.

I'm hoping someone can help.

Garret