[Proj] Proj4js EPSG:4326 to EPSG:26786 (SP NAD27) 100+ feet Off

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Sun Oct 16 07:53:47 EST 2011

PS:
Here is another transformation from NAD27 to NAD83(86), designed for Massachusetts:

   +towgs84=-38.67,117.84,209.59,0.0091,-0.9236,2.5411,-1.75953

which I think is better, but use it at your own risk.
It is expressed as a Position Vector Transformation, as Proj.4 wants it.

I got it from the SEVENPAR program, by entering six sample points that I had transformed with an online NADCON calculator.
The max horizontal error for my six sample points was 37 cm (1.21 ft).
For your test point, the horizontal error is 16 cm (0.53 ft). I don't know the maximal error in the whole state.

Regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta
Sweden