[Proj] PROJ 4.8.0, projects.h and projPJ struct

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 11 06:08:01 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "José Luis García Pallero"

> #include<proj_api.h>
> #if PJ_VERSION<480
> #include<projects.h>
> #endif

I think that if PJ_VERSION < 480, then projects.h needs to be included
*before* proj_api.h.
And if PJ_VERSION == 480 then you need to *not* include projects.h at all.
Am I right ? If so, then I believe you have what is commonly referred to as
a "gotcha" (because it's impossible to cater for both requirements).

I think your problem is probably that, in the eyes of the proj developers,
you've accessed parts of projects.h that you shouldn't have - or at least,
you've accessed parts that they didn't expect you would.
But I'll leave the detailed explanation to those more qualified.

Cheers,
Rob