[Proj] proj4 specifications for a rotated latlon grid on a sphere?

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Tue Aug 14 03:51:40 EST 2012

That's interesting, Hermann, I didn't know about ob_tran.

After some googling, I found an older post, also by you, where
you also used the flag

    -m 57.2957795130823

which seems to be needed to get degrees instead of radians.

See

http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2011-October/005906.html

and

http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2011-October/005913.html

and also

http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2010-June/005234.html

On the related topic, here is a reference saying that meteorological
long/lat data on a sphere needs no datum shift to WGS84:

http://www.ie.unc.edu/cempd/projects/mims/spatial/grids_ellipsoids_map_proj.html

Regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta