[Proj] Undefined subroutine &Proj::proj_init_plus

Martin Moore martin.moore at avbrief.com
Fri Jan 27 08:17:07 EST 2012

Hi, I'm building a new debian squeeze server and am getting the following
error when I run a (working under Etch) perl script:

Undefined subroutine &Proj::proj_init_plus

(In Etch this was &Proj::proj_init but it appears to have been replaced).

I'm assuming the Proj.pm module is loaded OK otherwise I'd get a different
error.

Top of the script is

 use strict;

 use vars qw($VERSION @ISA @EXPORT @EXPORT_OK);

 use Math::Trig;

 use Math::Geometry::Planar;

 use DBI;

 use Data::Dumper;

 use PDL::GIS::Proj;

and the line in question is

$p->{pj} = Proj::proj_init_plus( "+proj=$p->{proj} +units=$p->{units}
+lat_0=$p->{lat_0} +lon_0=$p->{lon_0}");

Proj was installed using ap-get, so I'm assuming no further build steps are
needed.

I know very little about perl and nothing about Proj, can anyone help with
this?

Thanks,

Martin.