[Proj] Bad Mercator Projection string?

Geoff Shipton geoff at tritonimaginginc.com
Wed Jul 18 12:11:46 EST 2012

Hello everyone,

We "inherited" this Proj4 string from a previous product - it has always
seemed to work but we are having problems using it with gdalwarp, the warped
.tif image looks valid but has errors in the TIF tags.  If anybody has any
idea what's wrong I would be grateful.  Comparing it with other Mercator
Proj4 strings it looks a bit simple.

Here's the string:

+proj=merc +datum=WGS84 +lon_0=0 +lat_ts=41.5 +x_0=0 +y_0=2000000

I am not a geodesist, be gentle.

Many thanks,

Geoff Shipton,
Triton Imaging Inc.
Customer Support.
Capitola CA.
 <mailto:geoff at tritonimaginginc.com> geoff at tritonimaginginc.com

The information contained in this message may be privileged or confidential
information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).  Any views or
opinions presented in this communication do not necessarily represent those
of Triton Imaging, Inc.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please immediately notify me and you are hereby
instructed to delete all electronic copies and destroy all printed copies.