[Proj] Gauss conformal Lo33 on Clarke 1880 Cape Datum to WGS84 UTM36S

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Thu Jul 26 10:13:07 EST 2012

Hi Everyone,
I have some orthos and some 3D vector data that I need to reproject from
Clarke 1880 Cape Datum, Lo33 to WGS84 Hartebeeshoek94 datum UTM 36S.

I'm hoping to use gdalwarp (with VRT) and ogr2ogr, but I cannot find the
input projection codes.

Please can someone provide some guidance on this?
Maybe I have to define them? How?

The jpw files for the orthos are typically:
0.0500000000000000030
0.0
0.0
-0.0500000000000000030
-50999.974999999999
-2872000.0249999999
and you'll probably notice that it is not the usual Gauss Conformal
projection, as that would be +ve South and West for this area.

Once the orthos are done I will be needing to transform (as above) a 3D
DGN file and an ASCII DEM file as well. Typical DEM values are:
-50400.000,-2872481.000,-2.74
-50399.000,-2872481.000,-2.84

I'd be grateful for some help specifying the input and output projection
details (epsg codes??)

Thanks & regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za