[Proj] Help w/Timbalai 1948

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Fri Jul 27 15:36:18 EST 2012

I tried the predefined instance of the latest Proj version, 4.8.0, like this (where
the -f stuff just gives more decimals):

>proj +init=epsg:29872 -f "%.3f"

114.4   4.175

1718563.021   1515793.018

This is nearly the same as Oscar van Vlijmen's result, except for about 5 millimeters.

I could also reproduce the EPSG Note 7-2 example, but their result had only centimeter resolution,
so that didn't tell me whether Proj.4 or Oscar's software is best. (But my guess is that Oscar's is best.)

Regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta
Sweden