[Proj] Help w/Timbalai 1948

OvV_HN ovv at hetnet.nl
Thu Jul 26 13:19:33 EST 2012

Re:

Robert McFaul robert at dgi.com
Thu Jul 26 11:36:18 EST 2012

In the course of testing our software I came up with a conflict between our
result
and Blue Marble for the following point. I wonder if some kind person might
check
this on their end and tell me what the number is that they get.

   Timbalai 1948 / RSO Borneo (Sears Ft)
   Everest 1830 (1967 Definition)
   EPSG: 29872

   Lat:     4.175
   Long:  114.400

My reply:

Since I managed to reproduce the EPSG Guidance Note 7-2 example of Timbalai
1948 exactly, I thought: let's give it a whirl.
My answer in meters is:
x = 523817.0979;  y = 462012.9062;
This is using the parameters from the Guidance Note G7-2, and your lat, lon.
With a Sears 1922 foot of 12/39.370147 metres I converted the results to:
x = 1718563.012; y = 1515793.003;

FWIW of course.

Oscar van Vlijmen