[Proj] proj4 api issue converting between state plane and wgs84

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Fri Jun 8 04:32:48 EST 2012

According to http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/pj_transform ,

  "geographic locations need to be passed in radians,
   not decimal degrees, and will be returned similarly."

I haven't heard that this differs between the APIs.

> which gives output that looks like this:
>
> ... the longitude: -1.787841
> ... the latitude: 0.667755
>
> which definitely is not right.

Assuming these are in radians, multiplication by 180/pi gives

Longitude: -102.4357 (decimal degrees)
Latitude: 38.2595

which is in Colorado, but quite near Kansas. I think you didn't
give the projected coordinates of the test point, so I can't
see if the radians-to-degrees conversion is all that is missing.

Best regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta
Sweden