[Proj] PROJ 4.8.0 Release Candidate 1

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 7 06:53:21 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Warmerdam" <warmerdam at pobox.com>
To: "PROJ.4 and general Projections Discussions" <proj at lists.maptools.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:09 PM
Subject: [Proj] PROJ 4.8.0 Release Candidate 1

> Folks,
>
> (Again with a subject line!)
>
> I have cleared all the issues I considered to be release critical for the
> 4.8.0 release and I now have a release candidate available at:
>
>  http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.8.0RC1.tar.gz
>  http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.8.0RC1.zip

No significant issues with this on MS Windows, building in the MSYS shell
with MinGW.

I built with both a 32-bit gcc-4.5.2 (from mingw.org) and a 64-bit gcc-4.7.0
(from mingw64.sf).
In both instances 'make check' passed its tests.

As regards the 64-bit build, I find this in my notes that I kept from the
4.7.0 build:

"There's a conflict between winreg.h and projects.h in that both define a
PVALUE type. (Only matters when
perl gets involved, and only then with x64.) So I replaced the PVALUE in
projects.h and pj_param.c with _P_VALUE.)"

I expect this 64-bit-only issue still exists for me with 4.8.0, though I
haven't actually tested.
If someone wants to circumvent the problem for me, that would be nice.
Otherwise I'll just apply the same fix if needed ... it's not really a
problem :-)

For anyone who is curious about the reference to perl, "perl gets involved"
when I build the "PDL" perl extension.

Cheers,
Rob