[Proj] PROJ 4.8.0 Release Candidate 1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 8 03:12:31 EST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:53 AM, Sisyphus <sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> As regards the 64-bit build, I find this in my notes that I kept from the
> 4.7.0 build:
>
> "There's a conflict between winreg.h and projects.h in that both define a
> PVALUE type. (Only matters when
> perl gets involved, and only then with x64.) So I replaced the PVALUE in
> projects.h and pj_param.c with _P_VALUE.)"
>
> I expect this 64-bit-only issue still exists for me with 4.8.0, though I
> haven't actually tested.
> If someone wants to circumvent the problem for me, that would be nice.
> Otherwise I'll just apply the same fix if needed ... it's not really a
> problem :-)

Rob,

The conflict of projects.h with winreg.h (or at least some windows include
files) is well known and is part of the reason that projects.h is not considered
a public include file.  I'm a bit surprised you are running into a problem
with building on win64.  Normally PROJ itself does not include any windows
include files so it should build clean.

I don't think this is a regression for 4.8 so it should be sufficient if you
could file a ticket with details and this can be fixed post 4.8.0.