[Proj] [patch] add missing projects.h

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 26 19:29:53 EST 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Sisyphus <sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>> Indeed, projects.h is a private header, not part of public API.
>
> Oh ... so I guess our programs should no longer begin with:
>
> #include <projects.h>

Rob,

Right, for several versions proj_api.h has been preferred to use
of projects.h.

> But if we delete that inclusion, will the programs still build ok against
> 4.7.0 and earlier ?

The proj_api.h has existed for several versions; however, if you go
back far enough there would be problems.  Checking back I see it
was introduced 11 years ago.  I'm not exactly sure what version that
would be but surely it is long enough for the deprecation of projects.h
to finally result in it being removed from public installs.