[Proj] [patch] add missing projects.h

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 26 20:23:20 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Warmerdam"

> The proj_api.h has existed for several versions; however, if you go
> back far enough there would be problems.  Checking back I see it
> was introduced 11 years ago.  I'm not exactly sure what version that
> would be but surely it is long enough for the deprecation of projects.h
> to finally result in it being removed from public installs.

The code I'm looking at begins:

#include "projects.h"
#include "proj_api.h"

so it's obviously intended to work only with those versions of the proj
library that contain proj_api.h.

I gather that projects.h became deprecated when proj_api.h was added, and
that including *both* files should *never* have been necessary.

That being so, the removal of projects.h from that code is clearly the right
thing to do - something that could have been done long ago.

(Btw, the code I'm referring to is part of the source of perl's PDL module -
specifically PDL::GIS::Proj4.)

Thanks, Frank.

Cheers,
Rob