[Proj] Errors compiling proj4 on linux

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Thu May 31 06:02:35 EST 2012

Hi all,

The compilation of the latest proj library (4.8.0) fails on my linux
machine, after using configure and make commands.
The compilations stops reporting

jniproj.c:52:26: org_proj4_PJ.h: No such file or directory

I noticed there is a ticket opened for this problem
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ticket/153 but it does not seem to have been
fixed.
Anyone knows how to deal with this problem? Do I need to have java
installed on my machine? Is that really needed by proj lib or there is a
way to disable it?

I also tried to compile the trunk version of proj4. The missing file is
now found but there are a banch of other JAVA related errors like

jniproj.c: In function `Java_org_proj4_PJ_getSemiMajorAxis':
jniproj.c:221: error: `NAN' undeclared (first use in this function)

Thanks,
     Calogero