[Proj] Errors compiling proj4 on linux

Calogero Mauceri mauceri at actgate.com
Thu May 31 07:50:10 EST 2012

Hi Martin,

The problem happens just running ./configure without passing any option.
Here is a snapshot of the configure log

checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking jni.h usability... yes
checking jni.h presence... yes
checking for jni.h... yes
checking whether to enable Java/JNI support... enabled

so it seems that it automatically enabled Java/JNI even if I do not pass
--with-jni option.

If I try to compile the proj from svn trunk, In the configure output JNI
seems to be still enabled

checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking jni.h usability... yes
checking jni.h presence... yes
checking for jni.h... yes
checking whether to enable Java/JNI support... enabled

but the compilation gives me some errors related to JAVA like:

jniproj.c: In function `Java_org_proj4_PJ_getSemiMajorAxis':
jniproj.c:221: error: `NAN' undeclared (first use in this function)
jniproj.c: In function `Java_org_proj4_PJ_getSemiMinorAxis':
jniproj.c:237: error: `NAN' undeclared (first use in this function)

Thanks,
     Calogero.